Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A mindfulness diary


Oct 22, 2014

Ok. So 3.5 weeks into the mindfulness course and what I feel is lost. So perhaps recording my thoughts each day will help me make sense of the experience.

I feel like yesterday and today I am enduring life. I hit the snooze alarm multiple times until I am late. I get up physically aching and tired. I list that as my unpleasant experience of my day. I have so much to feel thankful for that I feel guilty being depressed and numb but that is what I am. I am in flight mode all the time and it takes energy to keep that in check.

Where does mindfulness fit into all this. I am not sure. I empty my mind to do the exercises and it feels like I am stuck in emptiness. No penny dropping yet.

Although that is unfair. I know two things about mindfulness:

  • It is not an escape-it is an act of not running away—it is an embracing of the very feelings I want to avoid

  • 'to be before God' is my intent

Why do I still feel so crap? A beautiful world awaits. One full of possibilities and I want to crawl back under my duvet or run away to 'someplace beautiful'. Maybe the some place beautiful is....feels just out of reach.

No comments: